Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Acknowledgement Reporting - Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Acknowledgement and Reporting -
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
• Baldwin Park Adult and Community Education (BPACE) acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to
the Department the Certification and Agreement and assures that the Institution intends to use, no less than 50
percent of the funds received under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid
grants to students.
• BPACE received $159,508.00 in total funds from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and
Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. These funds distributed by the Department of
Education represent the 50 percent minimum of BPACE's HEERF funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the
CARES Act for these emergency financial aid grants to students.
• The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the
CARES Act as of the end of November 2020 is $57,650.00.
• The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in
Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus possible eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants
to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is around 125 students.
• BPACE awarded 68 students an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
• The following method was used by BPACE to determine which students received Emergency Financial Aid Grants
and how much they received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Students were eligible to receive
between $500.00 to $1,800.00 depending on hardship and enrollment status in the Spring 2020 semester,
having completed a 2019 - 2020 FAFSA, and having met the eligibility requirement under section 484 of the
• Students attending Full-time clock hour program $900.00 - $1,800.00
• Students attending Part-time clock hour program: $500.00 - $725.00
• Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the Institution to students concerning the Emergency
Financial Aid Grants are available at www.bpace.bpusd.net