Skip to main content

Baldwin Park Adult and Community

Mobile Menu Toggle
En Español Login

What is a Federal Pell Grant?

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid.  Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree.
Grants start from $672.00 to $6,495.00.  Apply free online at (our federal school code is 030674)
Financial Aid is available to students who qualify and meet the requirements.  You must be enrolled and attending one of the Career Technical Education courses.
For more information about the Financial Aid offered, please call
Jasmin Dircio Bacio (626) 856-4127 or Josie Westerhausen (626) 856-4105 or
visit the Financial Aid office (Office D) at the Adult Career Training (ACT) Center
located at 4640 North Maine Avenue in Baldwin Park.
Financial Aid Approved Programs
• Administrative Assistant - 620 Hours
• Automotive Services - 1080 Hours
• Barbering - 1500 Hours
• Cosmetology - 1600 Hours
• Electrician - 900 Hours
• Food Service and Hospitality (Culinary Arts) - 692 Hours
• Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) - 710 Hours
• Support Services Medical Assistant Administrative and Clinical - 800 Hours
• Therapeutic Services (Pharmacy Technician) - 615 Hours
• Demonstrate financial need
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have a High School Diploma/HSE
• Must meet citizenship requirements
• If you are a male 18 to 25 years of age you must be registered with Selective Services
• Maintain monthly satisfactory progress and attendance
• Financial Aid is not available for students who have a Bachelor's Degree
What can you do if you don't meet the High School Diploma/HSE Requirements?
Students who don't meet the High School Diploma/HSE requirements can take the Wonderlic ATB Test.  For more information please go the the Wonderlic ATB Test tab on our website.
* All veteran students must adhere and follow up with Council on Occupational Education Commission (COE) and requirements (this includes job placement and follow up).