Skip to main content

Baldwin Park Adult and Community

Mobile Menu Toggle
En Español Login
Adult Secondary Education » Adult Secondary Education

Adult Secondary Education

Earn a High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate

The Baldwin Park Adult and Community Education High School Subjects program can help. We have a very knowledgeable staff that can help you reach your goals. Our classes are teacher directed and self-paced which enables you to be successful. These classes in the High School Diploma Program will also prepare you for college study. Many of our students who have gone on to college perform well and get excellent grades.

GED/HISET Preparation in English and Spanish

 We have several different methods to evaluate your needs and help you to attain a High School Equivalency Certificate. Classes are offered during the day and evening!

Adult Independent Study

BPACE offers an Adult Independent Study Program for those students unable to attend classes during regular hours. People, who are interested in this course need to see their counselor, take and pass the TABE test to qualify for entrance into this program. The Independent Study Program also requires a $50 book deposit.

High School Subjects Requirements

Students must see a counselor to enroll for these courses. Credits may be granted for courses completed in other states or countries. Call (626) 939-4456 for more information or to schedule your appointment.

Students must earn a total of 180 credits:

  • English - 40 Credits
  • Geography - 5 Credits
  • World History/Culture/Geography A-B - 10 Credits
  • U.S. History/Geography A-B - 10 Credits
  • U.S. Government - 5 Credits
  • Economics - 5 Credits
  • Math (includes 1 year of Algebra) - 30 Credits
  • Science - 20 Credits
  • Fine Arts or Foreign Language - 10 Credits
  • Electives - 45 Credits

     Elective credits may be granted for past or present work experience or military service.